Patient Participation Report 2015-16
Patient survey action plans
Nov 2015 and in Feb 2016 we have held two meetings with patient panel members. We discussed the importance of urgent and emergency appointments and how can we improve patient access. Also did patient survey.
In 2015 we changed our morning sessions from walk-in clinic to appointments only with provision of same day appointment for emergencies, for elderly, for high risk population and for children under 12.
- But from this year we have introduced and promoted the same day telephone consultation for those who want same day appointment. Still giving same day appointment to high risk population as mentioned above.
- Now we have increased the patient access by increasing opening hours. Now we open at 8am, close at 6:30pm. This was decided after patient survey. It also helps people who work.
- Also many surgeries in England do not accept telephone calls for repeat prescription. Patients have to go the surgery to drop repeat prescription in the box. We thought we can start the same process here. But our patient survey did not agree with our plan, and therefore we continued to accept telephone orders for repeat scripts. It made us employee another staff member in the morning.
Above action was taken after internal patient survey done from Nov 2015 to Jan 2016
Other services we started:
- We did same survey in 2012-13 for phlebotomy. We hired phlebotomist for few months, but it did not work out due to small practice size. It was not cost effective either and there was no funding available from PCT. We did fight for funding.
- In 2014-15 Patient panel members suggested us to have in-house dietician. First it was a pilot scheme, and later on funding continued. This project was also nominated for national award. This project is still there after 2 years, but currently Dietician is off sick. This project was for all Foleshill surgeries. But we put a great effort in it. We also thanked CCG for this project.
Link to the project:
YouTube link about my surgery and patients:
- In 2011 we were given funding for in-house physiotherapist. We hired physiotherapist, paid from surgery account and then claimed from PCT. It ran for almost one year and it was very effective.